Welcome to The Smile Designer – the professionals in restorative, general, cosmetic and almost all aspects of dentistry in your area.
Are your missing, cracked, and severely damaged teeth affecting your self-confidence? Are you looking for an advanced restoration option to get back the complete functionality and aesthetic appeal of your teeth?
We offer dental crowns in Melbourne to solve different types of cosmetic and general dental problems. We provide porcelain as well as porcelain-fused metal crowns to give you the option that best suits you. We custom design your prosthetic to match your original tooth in shape, colour, and functionality.
What Is A Dental Crown?
A dental crown or a tooth crown is a custom-made small cap that is placed over a tooth to cover chips, cracks, damage, and other dental issues. The customised crown resembles your natural teeth in shape, colour, and texture. It not only covers dental worries but also provides reinforcement to your tooth.
When the structure of your tooth begins to weaken due to decay, it increases the risk of gum disease and infection. Hence, it requires protection. In addition to covering your dental imperfections, the crown provides protection for your teeth.
The crowns can rectify a large number of dental problems and help you to get your desired smile. The prosthesis can address the following issues:
- Restore severely damaged, decayed, or missing teeth
- Cover broken, chipped, gapped, and misaligned tooth
- Reinforce weakened tooth structure
- Support teeth that have undergone extensive dental work
- Hide or cover teeth with heavy discolouration and beyond the scope of whitening procedures
At The Smile Designer, we use crowns to anchor a dental bridge that provides additional support and gives stable results.
The tooth crown procedure generally requires two visits. During your initial visit, we examine your mouth, take x-rays and digital images to analyse the gravity of the issue.
The x-rays and images help us to assess your tooth roots, the surrounding bones and determine the bone quality that will support the prosthetic. We may trim and reshape your teeth to make the custom crown fit seamlessly.
Our professionals will take a mould of your imperfect tooth to make the custom crown at our lab. If we find your tooth structure extremely weak, we will place a temporary crown for the time being. Once your custom prosthetic is ready, we will replace it. We usually take 2-3 weeks to prepare a permanent crown at our dental lab.
- Step1: After your custom crown is ready in our lab, we will schedule another dental visit for you. We will place the custom crown after removing the temporary crown from your tooth. We will check to ensure that the prosthesis is accurately fitting in the row by size, shape, and colour.
- Step2: If you are satisfied with the new crown, we will cement it to provide you with a permanent result. The dental crown cost in Melbourne depends mainly on what type of crown you require and whether you opt for the same-day crown. We will give you the details of an approximate cost before commencing our treatment.
Our crown service restores your oral health and helps in getting the smile you desire. We have helped numbers of people with our quality crown and precise services to achieve optimal results.
Our staff have years of experience and expertise to ensure that the entire crown installation procedure will be performed with great care and professionalism.
Our premium quality dental treatment ensures you are in one of the most experienced and capable hands. Some important aspects of our service that make us stand out from the crowd are:
- Precise dental care solution
- Patient-centric approach
- Use of the latest technology and equipment
- The most accurate diagnosis
- Well trained and experienced staffs
- Ethical, compassionate, and progressive dentistry
- Outstanding results in competitive prices
- Flexible payment options that suit every budget
Start your Journey with The Smile Designer Dental Studio
Dental Crowns FAQ
Are you struggling with chipped, cracked or damaged teeth? Get back your winning smile with customised crowns that can resemble the natural form of your teeth perfectly. At The Smile Designer, we specialise in dental crowns that are strong, supportive, and reliable.
Generally, the cost of a dental crown can range from $1800 to $2500. However, it also heavily depends on the individual circumstance and how the procedure will take place. Dental crowns don’t come cheap, but at The Smile Designer, we aim to keep our prices extremely affordable so that everyone has the opportunity to access premium dental health care services when they need it most. If you’re looking to find out more information on pricing when it comes to dental crowns, contact our team at The Smile Designer today.
A dental crown could be needed for a range of situations, including protecting a weak tooth from decay, hold together parts of a cracked tooth or restore a tooth that has already been broken. Dental crowns are also suitable as a cosmetic enhancement option or to mend fillings that have been fractured. Similarly, you will need a dental crown if you have undergone a root canal procedure.
There are two main steps in a dental crown procedure. The first is getting your crown customised in our lab. When this is done, we can remove the temporary crown from your tooth that we had fitted on to ensure the crown is perfect for your set of teeth. Secondly, when you are satisfied with the crown, we will cement it in to provide you with a permanent solution. For more information on our dental crown procedure, have a read of our dental crown service page or contact us today to speak to one of our dental care specialists.
Porcelain or ceramic crowns are the most popular choice for dental crowns when it comes to wanting a natural look. Porcelain is great for matching your natural set of teeth in shape, size, and colour. They don’t utilise any metal parts and are completely toxic-free – meaning they are great for teeth restoration procedures. To find out more about our dental crown selection, contact our team today.
On average, dental crowns can last anywhere between 5 to 15 years. The life of your dental crown depends on how well you look after it – including how much wear and tear the crown takes and what your dental habits look like. You should be following good oral hygiene practices to ensure your dental crowns last as long as possible. At The Smile Designer, we ensure that our dental crowns are the highest quality and will last for a long time to come.
* Disclaimer: This piece of content is not a substitute for professional diagnosis, advice, or treatment. Always seek advice from a qualified healthcare practitioner or local dentist before deciding on any type of surgical or invasive procedure.