At The Smile Designer Dental Studio, we utilise dental lasers in many aspects of our general dentistry.
Lasers are medical devices that utilise powerful beams of light to cut, seal and disinfect soft tissue. They reduce inflammation and accelerate healing. Laser stands for ‘Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation’.
Lasers are a stream of focused ‘photons’ that have high energy potential. Lasers were first used in the 1980’s, and since then, it has revolutionised the way the medical world offer treatment due to its versatility and effectiveness.
The team at The Smile Designer routinely use lasers during treatment of:
- Periodontal Gum Treatments
- Root Canal Treatments
- Treating Ulcers
- Cosmetic gingivectomies, where excess gum is removed around the teeth
- Exposing implants for restorations
- Gingival Troughing around restorations especially around crowns and veneer preparations
- During Surgical procedures to raise flaps
- Treatment of Pericoronitis, where the excess inflamed tissue if removed around erupting wisdom teeth or second molars