We are The Smile Designer, offering restorative dentistry for your missing or damaged teeth. Our clinic is the preferred choice for my local families and is a trusted named in local family dentistry.
We provide dental implants in Melbourne to help you and your family attain a confident smile and increased tooth functionality. We craft a customised dental crown and mount it onto your implant tooth to make it appear and work like your natural tooth.
Dental implants are metallic or non-metallic screws fixed into the jawbone to replace your missing tooth. They get attached to your jawbone and gum tissue to provide a stable base for artificial replacement teeth, including bridges, dental crowns, and dentures.
COMPLIMENTARY IMPLANT CONSULTATIONS
WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Our Melbourne based dental implant studios are designed to provide our patients with a fixed long term tooth replacement option, which combines a titanium post that is attached to a restoration to create a complete functional tooth. These are considered to be the most natural looking replacement for missing teeth. Unlike other tooth replacement options like dentures, dental implants deliver unparalleled stability which reduces and eliminates gum irritation and slipping. Think about the self confidence that dental implants can achieve, from smiling, talking, chewing and speaking. They are highly customized and designed to fuse permanently with your jawbone and are catered to each individual.
An implant service is known to have many benefits over alternative false teeth options. Some of them are:
- Implants last longer than dentures or bridges.
- They allow you to eat hard food items with no trepidation because they are sturdier than bridges or dentures.
- They prevent bone loss.
- Patients of all age groups can have this treatment.
- An implant provides the look and functionality of real, natural teeth.
- Improves self-confidence and transforms your smile
- Easy to use and maintain
- Provides seamless chewing and biting capabilities
Those of you who have a missing tooth or several missing teeth will benefit from a dental implant. There has to be sufficient ideal jawbone density for support, and healthy gum tissue is essential. At your initial consultation, our team at The Smile Designer Dental Studio will perform a comprehensive oral exam to determine if dental implants could be the right option for you. Some patients with inadequate jawbone or healthy gum tissue may undergo additional procedures like bone and gum grafting to create additional support for the dental implants.
Take advantage of our complimentary dental implant consultation where our team will guide you through your options and costs.
Single Tooth Implants
These are comprised of a titanium post and custom made implant crown restoration. Each implant tooth is designed to replace your single missing tooth, and will mimic the structure and function of your previous natural tooth. Procedures like bone and gum grafting may be required and we will guide you through these procedures if needed. You can brush, floss and eat as normal. The colour of the implant crown will be blended in beautifully to match your surrounding natural teeth.
Multiple Teeth Dental Implants
Dental bridges that are secured on implants can replace adjacent missing teeth in a single restoration. These fixed or removable bridges offer enhanced stability together with natural looking aesthetics. Depending on the number of missing teeth, the quality of your jaw bone, and the health of the gum tissue, multiple teeth can be supported by two to six dental implants.
Implant Supported Dentures
These are dentures that are supported by dental implants, and are designed to replace an entire row of teeth. They are a very popular alternative to loose and ill fitting dentures, where there is not much bone and health soft tissue to support them. These implant dentures can be either fixed or removable, and provides enhanced functionality and cosmetics so that you can eat better and speak more clearly.
The cost of tooth implant service depends on a variety of factors. The exact cost varies from person to person. Some of the factors are:
- The number of teeth that need to be replaced
- Whether you require a sinus lift or bone graft
- The type of implant material used
- Your age and oral health conditions
- Consultation fees and the number of visits required
- Use of equipment and other dental services
- Reputation of the dentist and location
- Other specifics of the surgery
We offer payment plan solutions to help you spread the cost of your treatment over time. We also accept all dental health insurances, and have On-The-Spot Claiming through our HICAPS terminals for most funds.
A dental implant is a quite simple procedure with an extremely high success rate. Though the outcome varies from person to person, your dentist plays a vital role in coming up with proper treatment plans that precisely suits your specific condition.
At The Smile Designer, our dentists take the necessary time to examine your oral health. We analyse your dental priorities to address concerns you may have going forward. We utilise our wealth of experience and a keen eye for detail to tailor a treatment plan that guarantees lifetime success.
If you delay replacing your missing teeth or avoid treatment, you may experience bone loss. Your initial negligence or delay in treatment can end up requiring bone grafts before fitting the implants to the jawbone because an implant requires a healthy and strong jawbone for support. It increases the cost and impacts the healing time.
25% decrease in bone mass occurs within the first year, and it continues to worsen if no further step is taken on time. Bone loss or low bone density can result in instability for your remaining natural teeth. It also impacts your chewing and bites.
The lack of muscular support can distort the facial structure and may result in premature aging. The implant treatment provides structural support to muscles and maintains your jawbone density.
- Step1: Our dentists will diagnose your oral health in the initial consultation that will help us to confirm whether you are a suitable candidate for the implant service. You will learn how the restoration option can improve your oral health and visual aesthetics.
- Step2: The consultation will give us a complete picture of your oral condition to confirm the success of the procedure. Our treatment procedures differ based on your requirement for a single, multiple, or full-arch restoration.
- Step3: We will take photographs, scan, and x-rays, to design a custom treatment plan based on your requirement and budget. It will also help us to determine you have the jawbone density required to receive the prosthetic.
- Step4: We will update you with the dental implant cost as we believe in providing you with a transparent service experience.
- Step5: During the consultation process, our team at The Smile Designer Dental Studio will walk you through your treatment options and work towards your goals and expectations. We can start the planning process by organising any necessary 3D scans and impressions of your jaws.
- Step6: The implant procedure is designed to improve the appearance of your smile and restore the function of how you bite. The procedure typically occurs in two stage, where the surgery is done first, followed by placement of the finished restoration once healed.
- Step7: The advancement of dental technology means that we can use precise 3D custom fabricated guides to place your implants in the exact pre-determined positions. If bone or gum grafting is needed, these will be discussed with you as well.
- Step8: The titanium implants normally takes around 3 to 6 months to heal, integrate and fuse to the bone. If a missing front tooth is being replaced, then we can discuss options on how we can temporary fill this space during the healing period. Once healing, a customised crown and abutment is made with our dental laboratories and ceramists to beautifully mimic the contours and colours of your surrounding natural teeth.
What is all on 4?
Advanced dental technology and the improvements in the way we practice dentistry means that we are able to provide enhanced surgical procedures while we are not compromising on cosmetics. It uses a simpler more seamless process to achieving that dream smile of yours.
What are the Benefits of all on 4 Treatment?
Those who are missing teeth, or who have retained a few of their own damaged teeth, or those who suffer from periodontal disease and require a whole new set of teeth can benefit from implant supported fixed and removable dentures of the All on 4 system. The All on 4 system is particular useful where there is minimal bone remaining, and the need of implants will help in the retention and stability of their dentures.
What is the All on 4 Treatment Process?
The all on 4 technique uses longer dental implants that are placed on an angle which engaged parts of the jawbone where there is sufficient existing bone. In some cases, the All on 4 procedure can be done where our patients receive “teeth in a day”, where the dental restorations are fabricated and inserted within a short period of time.
Sometimes though, the best option will be to place six implants and having a fixed implant bridge, or a removable implant supported denture.
If you are ready to give yourself the confidence you deserve with a brand new smile and teeth that others hope for, then contact our team at The Smile Designer, where we will guide you through all your options and costs for the various treatments that we offer.
We have a team of experienced and skilled dentists who are committed to providing you with the highest standard of service possible with implant dentistry. Our professionals are trained to the consistent level of proficiency across all procedures required in implant service.
It assures that your dental health is in safe and experienced hands. With patient-centric services and competitive prices, we guarantee to provide you with 100% satisfaction, be it your first experience with us or the oldest in the series of treatment procedures.
The result of your implant procedure is that the tooth feels, looks and functions like your natural teeth! Dental Implants enhance the natural beauty of your smile and improves your ability to chew and speak confidently as well. After some time, patients tend to forget they had a missing tooth in the first place.
Dental implants are designed to act like your natural teeth. Therefore, it is affected by the same natural forces and environment of the mouth. Maintaining good healthy bone and gum is essential to the life of your implant. The prosthesis or crown that goes on top of your implant typically lasts 15 years before it requires to be changes, but can sometimes last decades with proper care.
Practicing good dental hygiene, with brushing and flossing at least twice a day is essential. Six monthly professional dental cleanings are recommended and regular xrays to visualise the bone integration of your implant will be discussed. Wearing a mouthguard or splint at night will protect the dental restorations from the forces of any clenching and grinding, and if you play contact sports, then a mouthguard is essential to keeping your dental implants in great shape long term.
Dental implants are by far the most functional, reliable, and natural-looking method of tooth replacement for most candidates. When the dental implants you want are not a possibility due to health complications, bone density concerns, or other compromising conditions, The Smile Designer Team will you explore alternative solutions for completing your smile.
On average implant dentures of a high quality range in cost between $15,000 – $40,000 per jaw. Costs can be affected by a wide range of factors, including the amount of bone available, the soft tissue and your smile goals, the number of implants that will be placed as well as the type of material chosen for the final prosthesis. We recommend a consultation with our team at The Smile Designer Dental Studio here in the border of Thornbury and South Preston.
All on 4 Treatment can cost around $25,000 per jaw. The cost can go up and down depending on a few factors, which is why a unique treatment plan will be required prior to giving you actual costs. At our consultations, and after reviewing the necessary dental records, our team at The Smile Designer can help you develop a treatment plan with quotes to suit your goals.
The All on 4 approach is sometimes referred to as ‘teeth in a day’, which is a label that invokes the relative ease and rapid treatment timeline for this procedure. But we like to emphasise to our patients that same day results are actually rare, and the treatment outcome will depend on each individual circumstances and will be discussed in detail. Sometimes, a more conservative plan is needed, performed in phases, in order to deliver higher quality results with greater consistency.
We all know that when we change a smile, confidence is enhanced. The creation of natural looking and longer lasting replacements for missing teeth are now available due to technological advances in dentistry. Dental implants have eliminated concerns about denture movements while eating and speaking. The overall end result is a happier patient with a smile on their face.
We are located in Melbourne at 118-120 High street, Thornbury. We are on the border of Thornbury and South Preston, close to Bell Street, and just a stones throw away from surrounding suburbs like Northcote, Brunswick, Preston and Heidelberg.
* Disclaimer: All dental treatment may have their own risks and benefits. You have the right to seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified dental practitioner